What Does a Copywriter Do?
This is a question many people ask, along with ‘Can a copywriter bring me more customers?’ and ‘Why should I hire a copywriter?’ which we’ll go into in other blog posts. Here is my breakdown of exactly what a copywriter does in less than 250 words.
cop•y•writ•er [kop-ee-rahy-ter] noun
a person employed to write copy
Who are they?
- An expert in writing for different audiences
- Skilled in writing persuasive copy that can lead to sales
- Able to write in many different tones of voice and styles
- Highly trained (usually with a degree in some form of writing)
- Skilled at planning and researching
- 100% focussed on fulfilling the target
What do they do?
- Write text for website pages, blog posts, social media, marketing – in fact, just about anything
- Sculpt compelling, original content to provide your audience with valuable information
- Make sure that the copy they’ve written fulfills its intended purpose
- Persuade your audience
- Ask lots of questions
- Bring more people to your business
- Help to give you more conversions
- Engage your audience
- Work with you to give you exactly what you need and want
- Help to translate and clarify your ideas about your business
Who do they work with?
- Small businesses
- Sole traders
- Creative agencies
- Large corporate businesses
One day a copywriter could be writing a blog post for a fashion boutique, the next content for an iPad app or a catalogue. What we will do every day is connect you with your audience through writing. To discuss how I could help your business, feel free to call me on 07817 350508 or drop me an email.